The DOF Group always undertakes a full recruitment process; this will involve submitting your CV through our electronic channels then a selection, interview and referee process. This is true for all employment types.
The DOF Group only handles employment offers and other related matters through its official web channels, including but not limited to: www.dof.com, www.dofsubsea.com, www.dofman.no and www.dofbrasil.com.
Beware of Recruitment Fraud
Recruitment fraud is sophisticated, operates from many different parts of the world and it’s on the rise. Like many other companies, the DOF Group has become aware of fraudulent activities undertaken by individuals falsely claiming to represent the DOF Group. These individuals, often part of highly organized criminal groups, contact job seekers, make jobs offers then almost invariably;
1. Ask for payment to cover costs for various things like visa fees, taxes or administrative expenses;
2. Direct you to book travel through a specific agency or ask you to pay a percentage of travel costs;
3. Ask for personal information such as your passport, bank details and passwords.
If you suspect you have been targeted, as with all other phishing fraud, it is advisable to block the sender and we suggest you contact your local police.
Protect yourself from this kind of fraud by being clear with how DOF operates;
- No-one at the DOF Group, or acting on behalf of the DOF Group, will ever make an unsolicited approach and offer you a job without undergoing a fair recruitment process. Any such offer is a ‘red flag’ for fraudulent activity.
- The DOF Group will never request money. If you are asked for payment to cover visa fees, taxes, hardware or software, administrative costs or percentage of travel costs it is a ‘red flag’ for fraudulent activity.
- We will not direct you to make travel arrangements through specified agencies.
- We will never ask you for personal information such as bank account or passport details before you have been legitimately employed – which means you will have received an employment contract and have started work with us.
- We will not contact you using webmail email address such as @Yahoo or @Hotmail
- All our offices have landline numbers (be alert if the individual will not give you a landline number or prefers a mobile (cell) phone). If you are in doubt, go online to find the landline number and contact the office to check.
- Look out for poor grammar, spelling mistakes, poorly formatted documents – these are ‘red flags’ for fraudulent activity.
Again, if you suspect you have been targeted, as with all other phishing fraud, it is advisable to block the sender and we suggest you contact your local police.
Occasionally a prospect will receive direct contact from a DOF recruiter whose email address will be easily determinable as authentic as it will come from one of the following corporate domains: @dof.com, @dof.no, @dofsubsea.com, @dofman.co.uk and @dofbrasil.com.
Employment advertisements visible in various media, including newspapers and online job listing aggregators, will always feature a contact email address with one of the previously indicated corporate domains.